Skip to main content

BNW Reading Notes Chapter 1


      The opening quickly establishes that the novel's setting is in the future or some alternate reality. Note that "freedom" isn't in the World State motto. In the Central London Hatchery and Conditioning Centre, the Director of Hatcheries leads students on a tour of the facilities. The Director calls over Foster, who happily tells the students the record for offspring produced by a single ovary in this factory is 16,012.  Foster wants to show the students more, but the Director says they must be quick and head to the Nurseries.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Online Me

       When I searched up my name online it showed some famous musician and body builder. The musician was a man who plays the guitar. The body builder was famous for his record setting performances and many years of body building. He has inspired many people by doing what he does. I am no body builder or musician so I can really relate but they seem as they are really interesting people to know about.

Character Study (1)

              As a student athlete in high school you try your best in school, your sport to play at the next level. Going onto College and being able to play at the next level is a blessing no one should take for granted. A tenenager who attended El Paso high school was at the middle of his senior year when he received his eighth offer from a University. He had offers from Texas Tech, Texas A&M, Texas, LSU, Michigan, Notre Dame, Oregon, and Auburn. This kid was humble, hardworking, and a very caring person. He would donated his time to the community every weekend when he had the chance to by volunteering at the homeless shelter. He was a Captain for his football team and was very much respected by all his teammates, coaches, peers. Throughout the season he was going through problems. One of the major problems was that his little sister becane very sick. His sister meant everything to him and cared so much for her that after every practice he wou...

Tragic Story

 An incident where something tragic occurred for me was this past week when my brother hurt his knee during practice. I was at practice as well so I didn’t find out about the news right away. Freshman/Jv were practicing on the practice field as Varsity practiced on the game field. He hurt his leg during a drill and what he told me was that his knee felt weak  that it couldn’t support his weight. He immediately fell down and needed help, coaches attended him as soon as they could’ve. They asked him what was wrong and he explained, they then rushed him to the training room where he got treatment with the AT. When I got home later that night I found out about the news and I was shocked. I talked with him and we were praying that it wouldn’t be too bad, that he would be able to return as soon as 3 weeks. Hoping he would have a speed recovery. The next morning he couldn’t move around very good and struggled to get up from the bed, get around, or bath. He couldn’t go to school so...